CLIENT: NORTHERN GAS NETWORKS
PROJECT: CANNON PARK GASHOLDERS, TEESSIDE
Following successful completion of works on other NGN Gasholder assets across the North East of England, Thompsons were awarded a competitive contract to undertake the Decontamination, Dismantling and Waste Removal of the Cannon Park Gasholder in Middlesbrough.
The site was set-up under the Considerate Constructors Scheme (CCS) ensuring significant levels of safety and cleanliness was always maintained allowing the Client to use the project as a ‘flag-ship’ site.
Under CDM Regulations 2015, Thompsons were appointed as the Principal Contractor to undertake the following scope of works over an 11-month period: –
- Sampling/Analysis of Oils and Sludges
- Carry out De-Watering, Oil Skimming and Desludging of Gasholders
- Protection of ‘Live’ Assets
- Removal of non-licensed Asbestos
- Dismantling of 2x Gasholders
- Above and Below Ground Pipework Removal
- Demolition on Ancillary Buildings
- Chemical Analysis of Sand Bed
- Removal and Disposal of all Waste Materials including Oils and Sludges
- Concrete Filling of Valve Pits
- Site Clearance and Levelling